Friday, June 29, 2012

Writing for pleasure....and just because you can!

There have been many skeptics in my life so far. People telling me that I wouldn't get far with my writing, those who just criticized so often only to bring me down, and then there are those people who tell you that your writing is darn right....NO GOOD! Well, I am here to say that I do not care what those people think. All that negative never outweighed the positive. I have so many supporters of my writing that I keep going. I write for pleasure and what I know. Things that I have discussed in my earlier blogs. So, if you like writing smut, go ahead. If you enjoy writing about nature, more power to ya! If you write how-to pieces because you love lists....that is still writing. People do not like to write-but sometimes they do not realize that they do, just in a different way. For one, what about recipes? Grocery lists? Comments on a twitter or facebook page? Maybe you even text....that is writing, my friends.

Here is your time to write.....and I encourage you to pass this blog along to others so they can take a stab at writing. I want a paragraph about something you love. No, it doesn't need to be grammatically correct or have LARGE words. It just needs to come from the heart. Here...I will show you.


The grass is said to grow blue and beautiful here. I say it's ordinarily green and sometimes brown from the scortching heat. I remember running barefoot through that same grass. My feet would be red and dirty. I loved it then. Childhood in Kentucky wasn't always sheets hanging on the line, blue skies, and birds chirping. Sometimes it was lightning bugs, damp grass, and stars so close you could run and catch them. That was what I used to think. Now, it has changed just a little. That's because I'm all grown up-wishing I was still that little girl, all content and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment